|‘Your Home’ is a suite of consumer and technical guide materials and tools developed to encourage the design, construction or renovation of homes to be comfortable, healthy and more environmentally sustainable. The Technical Manual gives you the information you need to design and build a more comfortable home that is less expensive to run while more environmentally friendly. Written by designers and builders, for designers and builders, it is the definitive tool for creating a home that is enjoyable to live in, cost effective and environmentally sensitive.|
The Technical Manual contains over 60 individual fact sheets full of environmentally sustainable solutions for designing and building homes. Click here to go to the Your Home website and download any of these excellent fact sheets.
The ‘Your Home’ website also offers a series of on-line tools, calculators and checklists that can assist in the designing of environmentally sustainable homes.
- Lighting - energy savings from energy efficient lighting
- Top 3 water users - energy and water savings calculator for showers, toilets and washing machines
- White goods - energy savings calculator for fridges, clothes dryers, clothes dryers and dish washers
- Sustainable by design - a suite of shareware design tools on sustainable energy topics: SUN ANGLE, WINDOWS etc.
- Appliance Rating Tools
- Materials Selection Tools
- Checklists for both buying new homes and renovating
Here's some links to some good online resources for further information related to passive (and active) cooling, relevant for tropical climates: